Protective measures for cable cars
SPECIAL RATES FOR winter 2021/2022
In view of the COVID-19 crisis, special conditions will apply to bookings for the winter season 2021/2022. Under the new arrangements, events and tickets* booked through the web shop can be converted into credit notes if customers are unable to attend or use them because of COVID-19 and the restrictions imposed by the authorities. The credit notes will be valid for three years and redeemable at face value for services provided by Zermatt Bergbahnen AG.
The following cases are covered by the special conditions:
- customers catching a COVID-19 infection, or persons closely associated with them being infected resulting in self-quarantining
- a ban on travel to Switzerland from certain countries or a travel warning with respect to Switzerland
- resort facilities being closed by order of the federal or cantonal authorities because of COVID-19
All other cases are covered by the General Terms and Conditions of Zermatt Bergbahnen AG.
* Used tickets are expressly excluded from these special conditions.
Important to know:
- the special conditions apply to unused tickets that were purchased online
- used tickets are not covered by the special conditions listed above in case of a COVID-19 infection. There must be a corresponding private insurance providing coverage for this case. SOLID’s SkiCare/PassProtect insurances can be purchased on site or online in our web shop for CHF 5 or CHF 3 per day. The same type of insurances are also available for seasonal or annual passes.
For even more flexible cancellation conditions, we recommend purchase of our money-back guarantee costing CHF 10.00 per booking. The guarantee is valid for cancellations up to 48 hours before travelling to Zermatt. Refund of the fee for the money-back guarantee is excluded in all circumstances.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, the international part of the season pass, which you unfortunately could not use due to the closure of the Cervinia-Valtournenche ski area, will be credited to your purchase of an international season pass 2021-22.
The new season passes will be available in the webshop and at the sales points of Zermatt Bergbahnen AG from 1 October 2021.
And this is how it works:
- Visit matterhornparadise.ch (the exact link will follow on 1 October).
- Fill in the form
- Enter the code received in the webshop and book the season pass international 2021/22 at a reduced price
- Present the 2020/21 Season Pass at the ticket office.
- Buy the discounted Season Pass International 2021/22 directly on site
Yes, the cable cars of Cervino S.p.A. are in operation according to the timetable.
The use of facilities with closed vehicles as well as entering gastronomic establishments is only allowed with a FFP2 mask.
More information here.
The Winter in Zermatt awaits you
We look forward to your visit to the Matterhorn winter paradise!
Your Zermatt Bergbahnen AG
Zermatt, 1. April 2022