Summer fun in the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise
Summer skiing in Zermatt
The summer is here and the sun is high in the sky – but up on the Theodul Glacier above Zermatt the conditions are wintry and still suitable for skiing, snowboarding and freestyling up to midday. So: rise and shine!
Europe’s highest and biggest summer ski resort has up to 21 km of pistes available. And freestyle fans needn’t feel left out as the Zermatt Summer Snow Park is one of the highest freestyle arenas in the Alps and one of the region’s best snow parks.
Summer skiing at its finest
Summer skiing in Zermatt is a high-altitude treat
- There is nothing ordinary about skiing in the summer, even less so up on the glacier. It really is a special experience.
If you ski in the summer you can make more of the day
- One aspect of summer skiing: the early morning hours are the best. Around midday it's time to head back to the village. This means there’s plenty of time left for a host of other activities in the afternoon. So how about a ski and hike or ski and bike day?
Summer skiing allows teams to prepare for the winter season
- Top Thleten aus aller Welt (bis zu 22 Nationen) nutzen die Chance, sich im höchstgelegen Sommerskigebiet Europas, sich für die alpinen Wettkämpfe im Winter vorzubereiten und fit zu bleiben. So kann es sehr gut sein, dass ein bekanntes Gesicht mit in der Gondel sitzt.
- With its high-altitude setting, creatively designed lines, fantastic views and café, the Snowpark Zermatt attracts freestylers from all across the world. It’s well worth a visit.
First SnowXperience Plateau Rosa
- A beginners’ park for your first experience of skiing or an exhilarating snow tube descent. Not only is the park right on the Italian border, it can also be reached without getting your feet wet, thanks to the Matterhorn Glacier Ride II.