The highest Alpine crossing by cableway
Matterhorn Alpine Crossing
Book early and save
without queuing into the mountains
Secure online shopping
The Matterhorn Alpine Crossing represents a new dimension of cableway travel. The highest Alpine crossing by cableway between two countries which are both enchanting in their own individual ways. Experience the outstanding mountain scenery around the Matterhorn and the features of the various stations on the way. You can get your tickets here for a single or return trip.
Surrounded by the breath-taking mountain panorama of the Alps the new route offers thrills, luxury and the highest level of comfort. An experience in a class of its own – gliding above the amazing mountain landscapes of Italy and Switzerland with views of the instantly recognisable Matterhorn.
We also recommend our online guide for a detailed overview of the entire journey between Zermatt and Cervinia. The Matterhorn Alpine Crossing ticket also includes a "boarding pass" with the most important information about your journey. The boarding pass is available at all Zermatt Bergbahnen AG sales points.
The following ticket options are available for the Matterhorn Alpine Crossing:
- Single ticket
- Return ticket
- Full fare (100%) or reduced fare where relevant discount applies
- Single or return trip from Zermatt to Cervinia (option of getting on or off at stations en route)
- Boarding pass (brochure with the most important information about the Matterhorn Alpine Crossing)
- Admission to the Glacier Palace
- Use of the viewing platform and Cinema Lounge (subject to timetable)
- Admission to the SnowXperience Plateau Rosa
- Admission to the 3S InfoCube
- Bike transport (as far as Trockener Steg)
- Local bus service in Zermatt
- Dogs travel free (leash and muzzle compulsory in Italy)
Bambini3 - 8.99 years of age*free
Children9 - 15.99 years of age50%
GA, half-fare, Swiss Travel Passinstallations between Zermatt - Testa Grigia50%
Groups from 20 guestsplease send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Children under three years of age are not allowed to travel on the sections from Trockener Steg to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise and from Matterhorn Glacier Paradise to Testa Grigia for health reasons (altitude sickness).
Date of birth is the deciding factor for discounts. Official ID showing date of birth is required.
- Single: 2 days
- Return: 10 days
Questions & answers
With the half-fare card/GA you get 50% off the following tickets:
- Single & return tickets to all stations in Switzerland (until and including Testa Grigia)
- Peak2Peak ticket, Gornergrat round trip ticket
- Bike passes
On the Peak Pass you get a 25% discount with the half-fare card/GA.
You can buy the reduced tickets online if you have a SwissPass with a valid half-fare/GA travelcard. The ticket will be charged directly to your card. Please remember to carry the SwissPass card with you (mobile SwissPass is not possible).
Otherwise, we ask you to buy your reduced tickets at one of our sales points upon presentation of your reduction card.