As the Swiss pines and the larch trees radiate in yellow and gold down in the Zermatt valley, the Matterhorn and surrounding peaks are already beginning to glisten under a dusting of snow. Autumn has arrived – a season during which nature also has numerous culinary delights to offer.
And where could the views of these two wonderful contrasts be more spectacular than in the Matterhorn glacier paradise? As the sun disappears high above the mountain tops, look down over the fabulous display of autumn colours.
Autumnal delights in the Alps
The culinary highlight of the evening awaits in the Restaurant Matterhorn glacier paradise: a hearty three-course menu with freshly prepared autumn specialities from the region, accompanied by fine Valais wines.
Braised pumpkin soup | Sweet and sour butternut squash | Smoked duck breast
Jugged venison I Spaetzle I Red cabbage I Brussel sprout
Plum tartlet | Cinnamon ice cream | Marzipan crumble
Delights for all: The culinary experience is also available if you are a vegetarian or vegan or follow a gluten-free diet. Tell us in advance when you register about any special dietary needs and we’ll prepare a delicious alternative.
- Adults: CHF 138.00
- Children aged 9 - 15.99: CHF 69.00
- Swiss Travel Pass, Half-fare or GA holders: CHF 101.50
- Children up to 8.99 years: free
- Return ticket Zermatt–Matterhorn glacier paradise
- Apéritif in the Glacier Palace
- Three-course meal in the Matterhorn glacier paradise restaurant, including drinks
* Vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free alternatives available. Please let us know upon registration.
Registration: by 12 noon on the day before
Meeting point: No less than 15 minutes before departure at Matterhorn glacier paradise valley station
Departure times from Zermatt: 5 pm (back in Zermatt at 9.15 pm)
Please note: In autumn warm clothing and sturdy footwear are already essential for excursions in the high mountains.