Matterhorn ski paradise
Where else can you enjoy skiing and snowboarding 365 days a year but at the unique snow sports resort of Zermatt-Matterhorn? Thanks to its location astride the border between Switzerland and Italy, it buzzes with international flair. Come and enjoy Swiss hospitality coupled with Italian lifestyle and discover the Matterhorn and a host of winter activities and special offers in the Zermatt / Breuil-Cervinia ski area.
Take the lifts up to the peaks and enjoy the ski runs on endless slopes set against a spectacular Alpine backdrop. At almost 4000 metres of altitude, Matterhorn ski paradise is the highest winter sports area in the Alps. With its guaranteed snow conditions, the region is one of the best-developed and most expansive ski resorts anywhere in the world and has a unique range of winter activities on offer.
FActs & Figures
What adventures await you in zermatt?
- The Zermatt-Matterhorn (CH) and Breuil-Cervinia (IT) ski area is the highest in the Alps.
- 360 km of pistes divided into 75 km of blue runs, 220 km of red runs, 27 km of black runs and 38 km of yellow freeride trails.
- The ski areas of Zermatt-Matterhorn and Breuil-Cervinia have a combined total of 53 lifts and 145 slopes.
- There are numerous mountain restaurants and huts offering culinary delights.
- Families are welcome - children up to 9 years of age travel free on the lifts
- Children up to the age of 16 can ski or snowboard for free every Saturday
- For even more thrills, there is a snow park on the Swiss side of the Matterhorn ski paradise with a Fun Slope and also a beginner's park on Sunnegga.
- The highest point in the international ski area is 3'899 m above sea level and the lowest is 1'620 m.
- The maximum altitude difference is 2375 m.
Zermatt snow park
More than 300 days a year, Zermatt Snow Park on the Theodul Glacier is a magnet for freestyle riders. Whether summer or winter, you can prove your skills on the creative setups. From the beginner to the pro line you will find kickers, rails and exciting obstacles in all shapes and sizes. The youngsters can let off steam on the new Fun Slope. Find the best line and show off your skills.
Young and old winter sports enthusiasts can look forward to an action-packed and fun-filled downhill run. At Zermatt Snow Park there is a Fun Slope with plenty to offer beginners and advanced skiers. Tunnels, hills, small jumps, high-speed vertical-face curves and all kinds of obstacles can be skied on the creatively designed trail. So tighten your ski boots and off you go.
WOLLI BEGINNERS PARK SUNNEGGA
Snow bunnies of all ages can practise to their hearts’ content in the Wolli park for beginners at Leisee in Sunnegga. The park is easy to reach on the self-service Leisee Shuttle. It is a sunny spot, protected from the wind, and has three magic carpets (snow conveyors), two cord lifts (beginners’ lifts) and a range of play equipment waiting to provide diversion and fun with a variety of snow sports.
Elevation changes, kilometres skied, lifts used
Follow your personal performance with Skiline
The Skiline app lets you track and evaluate the elevation changes and kilometres of slopes you have covered and the lifts you have used in the Matterhorn ski paradise. Register on the Skiline App for IoS or Android or at www.skiline.cc and access your days’ skiing in the form of a personal performance curve based on an elevation graph.
Are you ready for the ride of your life? The Swiss Ski Team will even cheer you on. Test your skills on the Swisscom Skimovie course and get it filmed automatically at the same time.
You can then access your video via the Skiline app or www.skiline.cc for free and share it with friends.
The Skimovie course is located on piste 65 (racetrack). Use of the Skimovie is free of charge with a valid ski pass.
Show yourself from your best side with a breathtaking mountain landscape as backdrop. Get your souvenir photo at one of the two photopoints on the Rothorn and on Schwarzsee. Just activate the camera with the lift pass – and smile. Within seconds, you’ll find your photo on the Skiline website. Download it for free and send it to your friends by e-mail or post it on Facebook.Details