A different way to discover the popular panoramic viewpoint! On the Gornergrat round trip you will discover the many sides of the Zermatt resort area. Watch the panorama unfold as you take the gondola lift from Zermatt to Riffelberg via the idyllic hamlet of Furi and on the way back enjoy the ride on a section of the impressive rack-and-pinion railway back to Zermatt. If you like, you can take the Riffelberg Express for both sections of the trip (to the mountain and the valley), which cuts 15 minutes off the journey time each way.
If you decide to change the selected route on your way, a fee of CHF 10.00 (full fare) or CHF 5.00 (half-fare) will be charged on the spot for the change of route.
- Travel to the Gornergrat using the gondola lift via Furi and/or the rack-and-pinion railway as timetabled.
- Local bus
- Dogs are carried for free
- Bambini up to the age of 8.99 years: free
- Children 9 - 15.99 years: 50% (with Junior Card / Grandchild Card (accompanied by a parent / grandparent free)
- GA, half-fare, Swiss Travel Pass: 50% (available at the sales points or in the Matterhorn App)
- Groups from 10 guests: please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
The amount of the reduction depends on the date of birth. Offical ID showing date of birth required.
- All prices incl. 7.7% VAT
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
You can buy online tickets up to a few minutes before first using them. The one exception is when you buy a new KeyCard, which is sent out by post. This must be done at least five days before the validity period of the ticket begins.
With the half-fare card/GA you get 50% off the following tickets:
- Single & return tickets to all stations
- Peak2Peak ticket, Gornergrat round trip ticket
- Bike passes
On the Peak Pass you get a 25% discount with the half-fare card/GA.
As a visual control is necessary for half-fare cards/GA, you cannot buy the reduced tickets in the web shop. We ask you to buy your tickets at one of our sales points.
If you already own a KeyCard, you can load the online ticket onto your card. It’s activated and valid after just a few minutes (no more than 30 minutes). With a newly purchased KeyCard dispatched by post, we will mail your ticket to any address in Europe specified by you. From a period of five days or less before the start date of the ticket, the only available option is on-site collection.
If you choose the “pick-up” function (on-site collection), you can either get your ticket conveniently from one of the twelve ticket machines or collect it from one of our sales points (go to the desk with the “pick-up” sign). Please note that if you do not have a data carrier, a deposit of CHF 5 for each ticket will be charged at the sales point. The deposit will be refunded when you return your ticket(s) at one of our sales points in Zermatt.