A rewarding excursion in summer or winter. Here you can find tickets for a single or return trip from Zermatt to Schwarzsee.
Schwarzsee station at an altitude of 2'583 metres can be reached from Zermatt in 20 minutes on the Matterhorn Express, including changes. Schwarzsee is not only a departure point for an ascent of the Matterhorn, it is also where a number of different themed hiking trails start. A visit to the “Maria zum Schnee” (“Our Lady of the Snow”) chapel is well worth your while at any time of year.
The following ticket options are available for individual trips to Schwarzsee:
- Single ticket
- Return ticket
- Full fare (100%) or half-fare (50%) where relevant discount applies
- Single or return trip to Schwarzsee (option of getting on or off at stations en route)
- Bike transport
- Local bus
- Dogs are carried for free
- Bambini up to the age of 8.99 years: free
- Children 9 - 15.99 years: 50% (with Junior Card / Grandchild Card (accompanied by a parent / grandparent free)
- GA, half-fare, Swiss Travel Pass: 50% (recharge SwissPass or available at the sales points)
- Groups from 10 guests: please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
The amount of the reduction depends on the date of birth. Offical ID showing date of birth required.
- All prices incl. 7.7% VAT
- Single: 2 days
- Return: 10 days
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
With the half-fare card/GA you get 50% off the following tickets:
- Single & return tickets to all stations
- Peak2Peak ticket, Gornergrat round trip ticket
- Bike passes
On the Peak Pass you get a 25% discount with the half-fare card/GA.
You can buy the reduced tickets online if you have a SwissPass with a valid half-fare/GA travelcard. The ticket will be charged directly to your card. Please remember to carry the SwissPass card with you (mobile SwissPass is not possible).
Otherwise, we ask you to buy your reduced tickets at one of our sales points upon presentation of your reduction card.