A rewarding excursion in summer or winter. Here you can find tickets for a single or return trip from Zermatt to Schwarzsee.
Schwarzsee station at an altitude of 2'583 metres can be reached from Zermatt in 20 minutes on the Matterhorn Express, including changes. Schwarzsee is not only a departure point for an ascent of the Matterhorn, it is also where a number of different themed hiking trails start. A visit to the “Maria zum Schnee” (“Our Lady of the Snow”) chapel is well worth your while at any time of year.
The following ticket options are available for individual trips to Schwarzsee:
- Single ticket
- Return ticket
- Full fare (100%) or half-fare (50%) where relevant discount applies
- Single or return trip to Schwarzsee (option of getting on or off at stations en route)
- Bike transport
- Local bus
- Dogs are carried for free
- Use of the audio information system (available from the valley station)
- Bambini up to the age of 8.99 years: free
- Children 9 - 15.99 years: 50% (with Junior Card / Grandchild Card (accompanied by a parent / grandparent free)
- GA, half-fare, Swiss Travel Pass: 50% (available at the sales points or in the Matterhorn App)
- Groups from 10 guests: please send requests to email@example.com
The amount of the reduction depends on the date of birth. Offical ID showing date of birth required.
- All prices incl. 7.7% VAT
- Single: 2 days
- Return: 10 days
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
With the half-fare card/GA you get 50% off the following tickets:
- Single & return tickets to all stations
- Peak2Peak ticket, Gornergrat round trip ticket
- Bike passes
On the Peak Pass you get a 25% discount with the half-fare card/GA.
As a visual control is necessary for half-fare cards/GA, you cannot buy the reduced tickets in the web shop. We ask you to buy your tickets at one of our sales points.