It is possible to cross the border between Italy and Switzerland near the mountain station on Testa Grigia. Admire the wonderful view over the glacier and record the moment for posterity with a souvenir photo. You can stand with one foot in Italy and the other in Switzerland.
The SnowXperience Plateau Rosa is also located here: Enjoy the first snow and the first skiing near the highest cableway border crossing in the Alps. Fun in the snow for beginners and adventurers. Here you can find tickets for a single or return trip.
The following ticket options are available for individual trips to Testa Grigia:
- Single ticket
- Return ticket
- Full fare (100%) or half-fare (50%) where relevant discount applies
- Single or return trip from Zermatt to Testa Grigia (option of getting on or off at stations en route)
- Admission to the Glacier Palace
- Use of the viewing platform and Cinema Lounge (subject to timetable)
- Admission to the SnowXperience Plateau Rosa
- Admission to the 3S InfoCube
- Local bus service in Zermatt
- Dogs travel free
- Children aged 3 to 8.99: free*
- Children 9 - 15.99 years: 50% (with Junior Card / Grandchild Card (accompanied by a parent / grandparent free)
- GA, half-fare, Swiss Travel Pass: 50% (recharge SwissPass or available at the sales points)
- Groups from 10 guests: please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Children under three years of age are not allowed to travel on the sections from Trockener Steg to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise and from Matterhorn Glacier Paradise to Testa Grigia for health reasons (altitude sickness).
The amount of the reduction depends on the date of birth. Offical ID showing date of birth required.
- All prices incl. 7.7% VAT
- Single: 2 days
- Return: 10 days
Questions & answers
With the half-fare card/GA you get 50% off the following tickets:
- Single & return tickets to all stations in Switzerland (until and including Testa Grigia)
- Peak2Peak ticket, Gornergrat round trip ticket
- Bike passes
On the Peak Pass you get a 25% discount with the half-fare card/GA.
You can buy the reduced tickets online if you have a SwissPass with a valid half-fare/GA travelcard. The ticket will be charged directly to your card. Please remember to carry the SwissPass card with you (mobile SwissPass is not possible).
Otherwise, we ask you to buy your reduced tickets at one of our sales points upon presentation of your reduction card.